Interest Rates Are Creeping Up
Just over three months ago, I wrote a blog article in the Tallahassee Real Estate Blog that examined the relationship between Home Prices and Interest Rates in determining the time to buy a home. It has been the source of numerous comments and debates in several real estate forums on the Internet.
If you refer back to that article, I suggested that future rising interest rates would make a cheaper house less affordable. While I figured that it was highly likely home prices would be falling, I knew that rising interest rates would leave most buyers with higher monthly payments. Sure enough, mortgage interest rates are rising, as you can see in the chart below.
So, even if you are not thinking about buying a Tallahassee home, you might want to look into refinancing your home. Back in April, I wrote a blog titled When Should A Mortgage Be Refinanced? This could be a good reference to review before contacting a real estate mortgage lender.
On another note, here are some of our most popular features on the Tallahassee Real Estate Web Site:
- Full Tallahassee MLS Property Search (Data provided by the MLS)
- Complete Access to Homes For Sale In Tallahassee without annoying registration
- A new and growing Tallahassee Neighborhoods and Subdivisions map and information service
- A near-daily view of the market provided by the Tallahassee Real Estate Blog
- Tallahassee Real Estate Market Information delivered by a full RSS feed
- Tallahassee Real Estate Market Information delivered by E-Mail
- Home buyer resources including a Free Tallahassee Home Buyer’s Guide
- Home seller resources including a FREE Tallahassee Home Pricing Analysis
- A new Free Tallahassee Relocation Tool, whether moving to or from Tallahassee
- A constantly updated Tallahassee Real Estate Market Report
- A Tallahassee real estate career evaluation tool that will let you know if real estate is right for you
- A First Time Tallahassee Real Estate Buyer’s Guide that answers critical questions
- Much, much, more from the top Tallahassee Real Estate Company
As a reminder for those who subscribe to the Tallahassee Real Estate Blog by email, some embedded pictures and videos might not be appearing in your email and you might need to click the title header to go to your browser where all will be visible.
Keep checking out the Tallahassee Real Estate Blog every day for updates that include charts, graphs, and analysis of the Tallahassee real estate market.
If you like this Article then please subscribe to my blog through a full RSS feed, or you can . You will be able to stay informed about the happenings in the Tallahassee Real Estate Market. You can also subscribe to this blog and have it delivered by Email.
Joe Manausa is a real estate investor and the Broker and Co-Owner of CENTURY 21 Manausa and Associates. He can be reached via e-mail through the Tallahassee Real Estate Website or catch his latest writings on the Tallahassee Florida Real Estate Blog , or by calling (850) 386-2001.
27 June 2008